Meet Tim Kuefler
Our Mortgage Process
Trust the biggest purchase of your life to our experience. Whether you're on your way to getting your first home, your next home, or a better rate on your existing mortgage, we will walk you through every step of the loan process. Now is the perfect time to get in touch with us and get the personal advice and guidance Bell Mortgage is famous for.
Once you've had all your questions answered and you're ready to start the home loan process, this is what you can expect.
1. Complete our online application.
The pre-approval application asks you questions about the home you wish to buy or refinance and your finances. To process your application, we need financial information about you - your current mortgage or rent, your other loans, your income, your assets, etc. As soon as you've finished the application, we review your request and immediately begin to process it.
2. We'll send you an application package and prepare your loan for processing.
Your loan application will include papers to sign and a list of items we'll need to verify the information you provided about your finances during the online application.
Here is a summary of the forms involved:
- Good Faith Estimate of Settlement Costs - This details the loan amount and all related charges and fees.
- Truth in Lending Disclosure - This lets you know what your estimated annual percentage rate of interest (APR) will be and any other program features that apply.
- Borrowers Certification - When you sign this, you authorize that all the information you provided is correct to the best of your knowledge. It also lets us finalize the process by contacting your landlord, employer, mortgage company, etc. and getting your credit report.
Next, we order the appraisal from a licensed appraiser who is familiar with home values in your area to determine its fair market value. The appraiser visits the property and compares its features, floor plan, lot, etc. against other similar properties in the area. (You receive a copy of the appraisal.)
4. We'll contact you to coordinate your closing date.
After we receive your application package, the appraisal and the title work, we contact you to schedule your loan closing. If you are purchasing a home, we also schedule the closing with the real estate agent. The closing takes place at an approved title office in your area. A few days before closing, we contact you to walk through the final information.
5. Apply now.
Start now by applying and you will be on your way to the most convenient home loan ever! That's all there is to it.
Home Financing Calculators
- Should I refinance?
- How much will my fixed rate mortgage payment be?
- How much will my adjustable rate mortgage payments be?
- How much will my payments be for a balloon mortgage?
- Should I rent or buy?
- Which mortgage is better for me?
- How much will I save by increasing my mortgage payment?
- How much mortgage might I qualify for?
- How much home can I afford?
- Should I consolidate my loans?
About Bell Bank Mortgage
Helping our customers find the smart way home for more than 130 years, Bell Bank Mortgage has a reputation for exceptional service and high integrity standards. Our culture centers on customer care and transparency from first contact. We help simplify what is often a very complex system. Applying for a loan is made easy, as our loan officers walk you through the process and the documents needed to support your loan request. Plus, our state-of-the-art technology helps make the mortgage process as stress-free as possible.
We believe that relationships are the key to our continued success and are dedicated to creating the simplest, fastest, efficient and most satisfying experience for our borrowers. You’ll see the Bell Bank Mortgage difference as soon as you meet with one of our loan officers. We take the time to truly get to know you and your financial situation.
The History of Bell Bank Mortgage
In 2011, Minneapolis-based Bell Mortgage became a part of what was then State Bank & Trust, in a history-making venture for both companies. Bell has literally been a part of Minnesota since the state’s infancy. The oldest and largest independent mortgage banking company in Minnesota, it was founded in 1880 by early Minneapolis leader David C. Bell. Since then, Bell Bank Mortgage has added locations throughout the Twin Cities and in Phoenix, developed its own proprietary technology for processing and underwriting, and has thousands of family mortgages to its name.
In 2012, State Bank & Trust rebranded as Bell State Bank & Trust, taking on the Bell name to give a more unique identity to a known and respected regional brand. Bell State Bank & Trust shortened its name to Bell Bank in August of 2016, with the mortgage division becoming Bell Bank Mortgage to simplify the brand while retaining the familiar “trees” logo.
Our Commitment to You
Over the years, we have worked with thousands of individuals and families, making home ownership a reality for them. We would love the opportunity to work with you. At Bell Bank Mortgage, we process, underwrite and close your loan within the walls of our office. In-house administration of your loan means we can ensure a quick, accurate and smooth process all the way to closing day.